Sunday, December 24, 2006

QUILTERS OF THE NIGHT KITCHEN GO OUT!



This past week, our group went out for a holiday party. As you can see, Lenni had her head tatooed in henna, which I thought was so cool. Only Lenni could pull off something like that! I predict that this will become a trend, although she's bald due to illness and not fashion.

Check out the close-up:


Here's Ellen and Madi. You can view their art websites on the link list to the right.


Here's Lenni and me.

And finally, my next round robin project. Unfortunately, this is the last or second to last round, and I've only had the chance to work with 2 greens and 2 red quilts in addition to the black and white requirement. It makes it pretty boring. OH, and did I mention, it has to be a round of triangles? I don't have much energy to put into this one, so don't expect any interesting results this time. I'm thinking simple broken dishes units.

11 Comments:

Blogger Debra Dixon said...

I love the Henna tatoos! I hope your friend will get well and in the meantime, she can spot a cool look!

10:09 PM  
Blogger ML said...

The henna tatoo is awesome! What a beautiful head!

Lovely round robin. Those color are yum!

10:09 AM  
Blogger Fruit Jar Nicky said...

I've always been interested in the henna tatoos. Having her head done was a wonderful idea!

3:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What fun you guys have! Miriam can I send you an email? Elaine - egentry5@sbcglobal.net

11:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The henna tattoo is beautiful. What a fun group!

Hey, what about flying geese for the next round on the quilt?

12:55 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

Lovely henna tattoo. I appreciate the courage and positive attitude it reflects even more than the pretty design.
Looks like a great party! Jen

9:49 AM  
Blogger Digitalgran said...

I'd like to secind Jen's remarks. I love the head decoration and what an example to us all. Please tell her 'Get well soon'.

5:04 PM  
Blogger Helen said...

A hug for Lenni, she must be great fun. Flying geese would work well for your next round, but some not well ordered appliqued free geese would be good too. Happy New Year!

4:13 AM  
Blogger Susan Schrott, Artist said...

Hello Fellow Kvilta!!Hi Miriam..and thanks for stopping by my blog...your's it chock full of wonderful photos,stories and inspiration...I also live in NY..You can reach me at sbfschrott@aol.com...are you out on long island ? keep up the great work..oh and if you want to see me..just go to my very first entry and there I am swinging from a tree..literally!!
happy new year..
susan

4:15 PM  
Blogger SeamRippstress said...

Miriam, I hope you and your NewYawker quilting unit are all safe after the freaky gas/NJ leak today. Prayin for fresh air for you down here! : o

9:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Miriam,
Your blog is inspirational! I love reading it!
Your friend and fellow kvilta,
Ellen

4:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page