Monday, December 18, 2006

GLAD TO BE BACK


Hi everyone! Glad to be back quilting again - and slightly less stressed out. My arm still hurts in places but the hand is much better. Still I have to be careful not to overdo, so I'll type little and post pics more, OK?

I am happy to report that I finished my round-robin homework. Remember, it came to me this way (left). The assignment this round was "any form of applique."
If you recall my thinking process, I mentioned Andy Warhol dancers, but was mistaken, it was, as Irene said, Keith Haring dancers that came to mind. I was going to put a square border, but it would've needed to be very thick to separate from the busy-ness, and even then I decided it did not separate enough. What to do? Why, turn it on it's head, of course! This was a hard decision because I knew that Ellen wanted to keep her center as squares, not diamonds, but nothing else satisfied me. If I had more time, I would have turned it again on point and added black triangles, with twisty arrows pointing outward appliqued in that toned down red and white that is the background here. I showed it to Ellen already, and she loved it, and she would have loved it even more if I turned it again. But the next quilt meet is tomorrow, and it's time to put this homework assignment to rest.
Here are the drawings I made, freehand, based on some web browsing on Haring. I put my guys on a diet as you can see!

Thought you might like to see some close-ups of the appliques. This first one's my favorite:

9 Comments:

Blogger Kim said...

The dancers are a nice addition, I like the first one also! Glad you're feeling better.

9:01 PM  
Blogger Susan said...

Wow, I really like what you did! Putting it on point made the difference and your little dancing guys are terrific! Glad your hand is healing.

12:54 AM  
Blogger Helen in the UK said...

Love those dancers - very funky :)

11:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's really cool! :) Glad you're on the mend.

12:29 PM  
Blogger ML said...

Yeah, you're back! Love the dancers!

12:40 PM  
Blogger Micki said...

Love the dancers. Glad your starting to feel better.

8:50 AM  
Blogger Deb Hardman said...

Very nice. I love Round Robins! It's really a fun piece.

2:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love your dancers, and the movement that they have.

4:06 PM  
Blogger Hedgehog said...

Very cool dancers!

8:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page