Tuesday, October 24, 2006

QUILTS! ROUND-ROBIN AND BALL MAKING


My friend Jane bought this for me upstate. Aside from the fact that it's adorable, I am so happy to have a friend like her, who does not quilt, who supports me and takes pride in my work. It sits above my sink in the kitchen so whenever I do the dishes I just smile.

Remember the round-robin? Black and white and one color of our choice? Well, this is the block I received, and I didn't really know what to do with it at first. Her block ends at the white frame, and really she used off-whites. This round was paper piecing, and I knew the quilt needed some action - boy did it get action! Obviously, I haven't finished it yet, and I'm late with my homework!

And now my homework has is building up. I have to put some form of circles as the next layer.

An finally, I finished sewing all the seams for the big red ball.

Ball is turned right side out.

Stuffing...

and more stuffing...

with this stuff.

Ta da!

9 Comments:

Blogger Terri Stegmiller said...

Your round robin quilts look like fun. The lime green one is really grabing me, the color and the pattern. And more balls....gosh I really need to make some of those. Don't know why I keep putting it off.

10:58 PM  
Blogger Miriam said...

Thanks! This is my first time doing a round-robin and I am enjoying it too.
About the balls - you really have to be ready to do them. I've owned the book and templates for almost a year! At night when I'm too tired to do anything productive, and am just wasting time in front of the TV, I just cuddle up in my bed and sew. I have to make sure, though, to cut the pieces during the day, before exhaustion kicks in. But that's the easy part, especially when you have the templates.

11:22 PM  
Blogger ML said...

I love the red, white and black, I find them a very striking combination. I have to make one of those balls. Your pictures and really give me inspiration!

9:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

the round robin is great - what a cool theme. I think I'll suggest it to my group of quilting pals. We love doing RRs and block swaps. Y'all have some great quilts in the making!

11:34 AM  
Blogger Kim said...

I'm so tempting to make one of these balls (as if I've don't have enough to do!)
They are lovely!

3:24 AM  
Blogger Hedgehog said...

The round robins look like so much fun.

3:08 PM  
Blogger Susan said...

I love the corners you added to the round robin! They are just perfect with the center - adding movement and a feeling of circles, though they aren't. That red border is just right, too.

2:45 AM  
Blogger Helen in the UK said...

The ball looks like a lot of fun! Also like the red/white/black RR, particularly the fun twist you've given it :)

5:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

love that green piece for the round robin!

Welcome to the webring!

12:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page