Sunday, September 17, 2006

BAG FOR FUN AND CARRYING SNACKS TO THE PARK/BEACH


I made this bag last Sunday.

Here's a more complete picture.

I added the applique today. I painted buckram, which is a very stiff i-dunno-what fabric with orange and glitter paint. Actually I think the glitter paint glows in the dark, but I haven't tested it out yet. When it dried, I drew and cut out the design, sandwiched it with grey organza and stabilized it with a tear-away. After stitching the design and tearing away the stabilizer, I cut and stitched the organza together in a square, using short stitches. Then I frayed the edges and attached it to the bag. The best thing about this bag is that I got the black and white fabric for free! I went to a party mid-summer, which was black and white themed. The tables were upholstered in this fabric. I had to ask the caterer, "What do you do with all this fabric when the party's over?" "We throw it out," he answered. You can see how this story ends. The best part is that I can call him whenever and take whatever he has!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very nice!

7:44 PM  
Blogger Shelina said...

Very nice bag. Even better to have unlimited fabric like that. I think I need to make some friends like that.

10:41 AM  
Blogger ML said...

Awesome bag!

9:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page