Wednesday, August 23, 2006

MY LAST THREE DAYS

Monday afternoon there was a knock at my door. It was Ellen, my artsy neighbor! "We're batiking, wanna join?" I only had a wedding (hubby's colleague's son) to get to in a couple of hours, but what's more important? I joined the ladies in Ellen's garage and had too much fun. The wedding? we went late (missing the shmorg) and ended up making it just in time for the ceremony! God works in mysterious ways :)!
This is Madi who used to be the principal of NYC School of Art and Design - I hope I got that right, Madi!

Melting wax for batiking.

Applying wax to fabric. I have no finished products to show you just yet.

I give it a try! After this there was no stopping me, right Ellen?! I forgot to get a picture of Ellen! You can see a great example of her painting expertise in the pic below next to Merri...

This is Merri with my son who wondered... where are all the men? Do men quilt too? I made sure to tell him it's perfectly OK. He wants to come to all my quilt meetings, he said!

And yesterday, the beach was so lovely.

But dare I say, I'm soooo tired of it? (I know I'll regret saying that in just one month.)

The water was so calm, bringing to mind liquid light.

Last but not least, today I went a little crazy in Joann's. I had ordered a bunch of fabric and thread from Paducah, but it's taking too long to arrive!

3 Comments:

Blogger Karoda said...

batiking, beaching (i'll trade ya my scene for yours), and a joann's splurge! how could your day have been any better? :)

5:51 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Batiking? Cool! I tried my hand at hand dyeing fabric this summer and it was so much fun! Now I am saving up my pennies so I can order some more Kona fabric so I can do some more!

7:41 AM  
Blogger Kim said...

What a great resource - a next door neighbor with a waxpot! Looks like you had fun - can't wait to see your finished work.

4:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page