Friday, September 01, 2006

ON THE DESIGN WALL


Did you miss me? We went to Hershey for our annual trek this week. It was overcast and rainy, but the chocolate more than made up for it! Thought I'd show you what I've been working on for the last couple of weeks. Washing and starching fabrics for a "thousand pyramids" quilt I am finally making for my daughter. She loves rainbows, so I needed to incorporate that either with my color design or fabric choices. Since she'll turn Bat Mitzvah this coming year, I thought it appropriate to make her a quilt with the 6 pointed star, using color choice to pull out the design. I've officially started sewing (see those 2 center rows?) and am very excited! The colors will move from red through indigo and back to red again. At least that's the plan. The triangles are small, 3" finished, to be exact. By the time I get done with this it should be April, just in time for her birthday!

2 Comments:

Blogger Hedgehog said...

This is going to be an incredible quilt! Can't wait to see it develop.

1:26 AM  
Blogger Shelina said...

Oooh, I really like the colors and the star pattern on this quilt. It is going to be a great quilt.

10:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page