Tuesday, October 03, 2006

PATCHWORK PUZZLE BALLS


I made this today. The ball is stitched by hand, and while I've done some inset seams, I've never done this many. By the time you're done with this little ball, you become a pro at insets. The pattern is from a book by Jinny Beyer and this is the most basic of balls. She has some really challenging ones in there. It only took a couple of hours, as I sat helping kids with homework. Make no mistake, they were deprived - we had leftovers for dinner so I could do this! When my husband came home and I wanted to show it to him, they were off somewhere with it playing. They remarked how it was the perfect size, weight, and so cool! My oldest daughter was diggin' the purples. I just gotta say, I am so proud of myself! You should try it too, but I do recommend buying the templates that go with it - they have a convenient hole for marking the starting and stopping points (a must with insets!). I suppose you could make the template by hand with hole, but you can't really use the rotary cutter with it. I cut out these pieces 4-6 at a time zip zip zip! Whaddaya think? I may just become obsessed with this for a while...

2 Comments:

Blogger Shelina said...

This is so cute. I really must make one. I would think that you can use quarter inch tape or a pencil to mark your starting and stopping points.

9:12 PM  
Blogger SeamRippstress said...

What a great project. I'm inspired to make a NY Ball with my new City Quilter fabrics!

6:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page