Wednesday, October 11, 2006

PATCHWORK BALL OBSESSION


I told you I would become obsessed with these.
I made this the night after my purple one. This is a great thing to do when you're too tired to quilt and just want to crash in front of the TV. I'm going to be teaching my group how to do this next week. They're excited! I'll have to remember to bring my camera to this meeting.

Would you believe, this is what we did yesterday? I went down to the beach for a quick relaxation hour, and it turned into 3! My poor boys backs are burned. The water was chilly, we acclimated quickly. I don't think I've ever swam in October before! But the beach was so hot from the sun, and there was no substantial wind, so we welcomed the cool water. I was sad to leave, knowing it was probably the last swim for too long.

And last but not least, the kids insisted on practicing the art of sculpture - and who am I to discourage art?!

7 Comments:

Blogger Hedgehog said...

What did you stuff the balls with?

5:26 AM  
Blogger ML said...

I'm really loving the balls you make!! I love purple. Good idea getting the most out of the good weather. Doubt it will be here much longer. Cute pictures :)

10:53 AM  
Blogger Miriam said...

Hi ML
I tried leaving a message on your blog but for some reason there is always no word to verify. strange. anyway, i loved the story about your childhood move to England. Thanks again for your complements!

Hi Hedge!
Nice to see you again. The balls are stuffed with a polyester pillow stuffing that I purchased at Joann's. The woman who wrote the book stuffed hers with cotton, but I was concerned about dustmites and such. You probably don't have a Joann's in Scandinavia but try Joann.com for the polyester or NancysNotions.com for the cotton.

1:34 PM  
Blogger ML said...

miriam, I'm not sure why you're not getting a word to verify. Bummer! I went in my settings and fiddled around a bit. Sometimes blogger doesn't like to cooperate. Thanks!

8:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmmmmmmmm... I LOVE the beach. I so envy your family!! It is already frosty here at night. My flowers are all dead. I love the coast!

3:00 AM  
Blogger SeamRippstress said...

If there's one thing you New Yawkers have...it's great balls!! What an awesome beach too. Thanks for coming to see my blog!

6:24 PM  
Blogger Miriam said...

Lori, thanks! I saw your quilt block and it looks great!
Elaine, seems like Texans are a close second - you are a PANIC!

11:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page