Thursday, April 12, 2007

PROGRESS

I've finally gotten to the point where I wanted to write this entry, and missed blogging and all of you! I'm hoping this means my blogging rut is over. Now that Passover is finished, I have time to show you what I had been working on all this time. Remember my post about my design wall, and the Bat Mitzvah quilt I started for my daughter? Well, she just turned 12, but the quilt is no where near finished. I have, however, made good progress, and here is the so far...
Each of these triangles are only 3" tall, and they have to be sewn individually because I select each one and wait sometimes days to see if I could live with it. Reds were easy, orange a little harder because you'd be surprised how few light orange fabrics there are around - or perhaps it's how few I can live with. The yellows were the most challenging because the pattern was in danger of disappearing with that layer. Dark yellows are not rainbow yellow, really light yellows are almost white. I decided that a slight loss of design is a slight advantage, in that it helps the focus go in and come out again, brings in luminosity, and any lack of "perfection" in fabric choices can be charming. Let's hope I'm right. We'll probably be able to tell after the next layer.
I hope your holidays were happy, and most importantly, that your quilting is happy!

5 Comments:

Blogger Lori (A.K.A. Elkhoundmom) said...

That is beautiful! I love your use of color.

2:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The quilt is looking great. You can really see the time you have put into color and placement of every piece.

7:30 AM  
Blogger Marla said...

Well..... if it takes too long it could be transformed into a chuppah...........LOL! It is going to be lovely!!!! I can't wait to see the next layer of color.

3:40 PM  
Blogger Jessica said...

your color choice is well worth the wait. it looks great so far.

6:44 PM  
Blogger SeamRippstress said...

Yay! ...guess who's back, guez who's back... What a glorious celebration Quilt! Beautiful design. Congrats on your baby's Bat Mitzvah!

11:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page