Wednesday, January 17, 2007

BAY RIDGE, CONTINUED

Doesn't this picture make you hungry (to create)? Aren't they delicious? $3 a yard, people! I'm trying to buy fewer patterned fabric and more solids because I have a lot of art quilts brewing inside me. Oh, and that's a buttery soft warm cotton knit on the right, in the perfect neutral stone color. Last time I found black and made a great skirt that I could sleep in it's so comfortable. When I saw this I grabbed it. Angel said there might be more in some unpacked bags so you better believe I'll be checking back. $8.75 is the total cost of the skirt!
As promised I am posting pictures from my most recent trip to Bay Ridge. I made yet another trip to retrieve my sewing machine (which appears to be purring like a kitten finally) and figured I'd make a detour on the way home to visit Angel again.


I wanted to take a picture of the inside but how would I explain that? How do you, fellow bloggers, explain it when you click pics?

Here's one more for good measure. I love driving home and seeing the Verrazzano Bridge at the end of the avenue. That's why they call it Bay Ridge, see? Because it's at the bay's ridge.... Some of you may think it's silly to point that out but I find myself very interested in the way places come to be called. Most interesting to me to date is Intercourse, Pennsylvania! I'd love to hear your favorites - bring it on!

8 Comments:

Blogger ML said...

Now that's what I call fabric heaven! Lovely! I'm so glad your sewing machine is in fine form.

I agree, how on earth do you explain taking a picture of inside the fabric store?

3:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think you tell the store owner/manager that you love their store so much that you want to tell all of your friends in blog-land about it and could you take some pics to post on your blog. Then give them your blog address so they can check it out. It's free advertising for them!

Yummy fabrics by the way!

3:58 PM  
Blogger The Calico Cat said...

You got quite a few fairy frosts...

Have you been to Intercourse, Pa.? There are a couple reasons (depending one who you ask) for its name...

I click the photos and wait for the questions, if none come, then no reason is needed...

7:02 AM  
Blogger Shelina said...

I would definitely be in fabric heaven at $3 a yard for quilt shop fabric!
Yes, I think if you tell the owner they are getting free advertising, they would give you a tour, and maybe even some free fabric. :)

9:39 AM  
Blogger Marla said...

Uhmmm... Intercourse, Pa. is where we spent the first night of our honeymoon on the way to the Poconos.............

5:44 PM  
Blogger Deborah M. said...

How about Climax, Georgia? I'm envious of the fabrics.

7:35 AM  
Blogger SeamRippstress said...

They get sure get busy in Pennsylvania! Howabout Blue Balls, PA. Texas has a bunch of wierd ones "Cut-n-Shoot,TX self-explanatory. I would LOVE that shop!!Looks crammed packed w/goodies!

12:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love your pictures of the Verrazzano Bridge. I'm from LI and live in Delaware now. We cross it to go home to visit. Any pictures you have of where you live is very appreciated. Any pictures of New York city.

9:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page