Saturday, August 11, 2007

BACK IN THE SWING OF THINGS

I finally became settled enough to begin quilting again. It's been a long time between preparing for, being on, and recovering from, the trip. I decided I wanted to make a portrait. The only objective that I had was to get the shadows and highlights semi-correct, so that it actually looks like a person. And, Oh, did I mention that I wanted to do it in red and yellow? I just really wanted that, well, because, that's why! I am no where near done, but here it is so far...Don't you just hate that it is so hard for the camera to capture a quilt's true dimension? I hate the way the quilt looks in the photo, but I do like it in person. Weird.

It's nice to be back on the beach again, too, and I decided that just because I was outside didn't mean I couldn't be artsy...

Mom got some special tools for sand castle making, so we gave it a whirl.
It finally started looking like a castle when a wave reached it. So we abandoned the project, but learned alot for next time!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It really does look like a person. Did you follow instructions or did you do this making it up as you went along. Anyway, it looks great. The boys did a great job making the castle.

7:40 PM  
Blogger Susan Lenz said...

Hi!
Boy do you jump back into fabric and stitching after an international vacation! Great start. I look forward to seeing it develop.
Susan
PS Your boys are perfectly beautiful!

1:39 PM  
Blogger Miriam said...

Thanks, I just had an urge to do a portrait and based it on a picture of my older son, not caring whether or not it looked like him, just that it should look familiar, universal, full of color yet colorless as an individual. It is progressing, but at a snails pace now! Thanks for always routing me on anonymous!

10:28 PM  
Blogger SeamRippstress said...

OH! Your face is INTENSE! MUCHO LOVE this piece!!! That castle is artistically delightful too.

11:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page