Wednesday, July 11, 2007

WHERE IN THE WORLD AM I?

Hi everyone, sorry it's been so long again. Things have been a bit hectic around here. Where is here, you may ask? Well, I did receive my passports in time for my trip, thank God, and I am far, far away from home. I thought I'd make it interesting by asking you readers where you think I am... of course, I'll give you hints.

Here is the family seated at "Pizza Meter," where, you guessed it, you order by the meter. The owner is posted in the Guinness Book of World Records as having made the longest pizza in the world. We met Charlie, this blue and yellow macaw, in the zoo. Charlie is on record as being the oldest parrot, 104. It said on the card next to the cage that he likes to curse the Nazis, using words he learned from one of his former owners, who legend has it was Sir Winston Churchill. We tried getting his attention but perhaps he had heard the war was over...
Here, hubbie stops to smell the weeds. Rosemary...
And one picture of scenery...
Look at this stained glass window. I thought it would make a beautiful quilt!

We visited friends we've had for over 20 years and had a lovely evening BBQ, using only wood, not charcoal.

So, what do you think? Where am I?

6 Comments:

Blogger The Calico Cat said...

I think you are where I will be in December...

7:10 AM  
Blogger Rian said...

Surrey, England.

10:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Israel.

12:23 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

I am guessing Israel too! I would love to visit there someday. Please share more pictures!

9:31 AM  
Blogger Kucki68 said...

Italy

12:52 AM  
Blogger SeamRippstress said...

I knew you were in the Holy Land the second I saw that really ancient parrot. What an incredible blessing!!!

11:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page