Tuesday, February 07, 2006

GREETINGS FROM CHILLY BEACH!


Thought I'd share this great photo with you. I especially love that seagull perched on the distant jetty, safe from the dog's curious gaze. I love the many lines intersecting, the anonymity of the subjects, but action nonetheless. It's not quite a quilt, but I'm not sure why. Something missing, but what? Perhaps if I gave it whatever it needs it would be a successful quilt. So, what does it need? Is it too dull, and just needs more color? Too hazy, needing more clarity? Ah well, guess I'll have to take some more pics next time I go to the beach. I'm revving up for a beach scene...

2 Comments:

Blogger Amy said...

I think this would be a great quilt. All of the different lines could have some really diverse textures through embellishment and quilting. I really enjoyed viewing your other work.

3:38 PM  
Blogger JuliaR said...

If (when?) I get into quilting, it will be to make "art quilts" as you have done. I'm bookmarking your site for future inspiration! And adding you to my sewing blogroll too.

10:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page