Saturday, April 08, 2006

MISSED ME? Construction Blues

Oh how construction sucks the life right out of you.... I didn't realize how tired it made me until it was over. We finished the first and major phase of basement construction, and things look well, but I don't want to post pictures until at least my studio is organized. The most major of improvements is the lighting - I used to work in the dark. The area is finally clean and has the potential to be organized - I just have to take all of my stuff the contractor has been tossing around and sort through it for the next, oh, month or so. I have missed blogging, and of course quilting. Can you believe it's been over 2 months without any textile therapy? To top it off, I won't be able to organize or sew for another 2 weeks. I predict, after organizing and finishing the loose ends, I'll be obsessed for a while. In the meantime, the quilting blogs and magazines will have to suffice - but you all know, it's just not the same.

1 Comments:

Blogger JuliaR said...

Welcome back (sort of). When I ripped the kitchen out and put in a new one, I thought the work would never end - and I did it mostly myself with help from my husband. So I sympathize. Looking forward to the finished product and lots of pix!

10:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page