Sunday, April 30, 2006

MY NEW STUDIO!


My new studio! I still need to work out a few kinks, and hang those threads and sundries on the wall for more table space. I'd love a real sewing table, too. The work table is the best, although I need to expand/finish it. Right now it's a piece of plywood on top of our foosball table. I would like to put two plywoods, with recessed hinges, and maybe formica top? Anyway, it's a great hight, and great dimensions. I noticed that I'm not afraid to work bigger now.

5 Comments:

Blogger Sandra said...

What fun that new studio must be! Happy quilting!

12:09 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Miriam -

I just stumbled across your blog today. What caught my eye was the living in "NYC". We lived in Manhattan for three and a half years while my husband was in grad school at Columbia. I didn't quilt then. I am afraid to imagine how big my stash would be if I had. Aren't there a lot of fabric (not necessarily cotton!) stores down in the garment district? I was just saying to my husband the other day that we really need to take our kids to NYC. We went back for a quick visit when our daughter was 1 but our son has never been. And now they are finally old enough to enjoy seeing the sights!

I am looking forward to checking out more of your quilting. I love the quilt of your boys playing in the sunshine.

Come on over and check out my blog.
Sarah

10:48 AM  
Blogger JuliaR said...

Wow, it looks wonderful. You must be so pleased.

2:50 PM  
Blogger Downunderdale said...

have fun in your new studio - I am just hanging in waiting - Dale

6:54 PM  
Blogger jenclair said...

Wonderful! Environment and space can contribute so much to inspiration and to what we feel we can physically accomplish.

12:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page