Thursday, January 12, 2006

$$$

I got a call from a nice old lady last night. She wants to commission a quilt for her granddaughter's Bat Mitzvah.

WOW!

While I have given serious thought to making money from my quilts, I've been putting it off for a while. I've actually turned people away. I'm not sure I want to be so busy, first of all, as I do have children that need attending to. Also, I don't want the work to remove my joy of quilting. Remove the joy and you remove the artistic flair - your personal stamp. That's why I've always thought that I'd create what I feel like creating, and if people like it they can buy. This is new territory. I'm still not 100% sure if I'm doing this yet, as she's consulting her granddaughter and we'll talk color/pattern. She's willing to pay what I asked, but given the time it will take for a full twin quilt it's really not that much. The way I see it I'm getting paid to get experience, and that makes it just great. Mostly I am flattered.

Gals, how much for a twin quilt in basic patchwork? What's average, what's professional?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page