Tuesday, December 20, 2005


APPLE completed?
I decided to fuse the apple in place, then stitch around it with a pinky glossy thread that looks white next to the apple. I hated it, and while it certainly broke up the red and pink in the upper right hand corner, it was too much contrast, so I needed to soften it with something. The fraying brocade really did the job I think, but it still wasn't enough, so I cut up a piece of pinky glossy fabric that came in the mail that day and made confetti. That took the edge off enough for me to t hink that maybe I'm finished?
The leaf looks great with the holographic green thread - I love it. Sure wish I had a camera that could highlight it, and the apple stub and area which I "shaded" in white.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page